Passive - Health Shaper - Pulse
Viyana uses Health to cast her abilities. Viyana gains up to 25% increased effectiveness of Heals, Regen, and Lifedrain as her current Health decreases.
Fires a cursed bolt in target direction, dealing 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 (+0.6) magical damage to the first target struck. If the target was an enemy Shaper, up to 2 bolts seek out nearby Allies and heal them for 45 / 75 / 105 / 135 / 165 (+0.075 Bonus Health). Only 1 bolt if the target was an enemy Minion, Creature or Follower.
Health Cost: 30 / 50 / 70 / 90 / 110
Cooldown: 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 / 7
Viyana generates a Blood Orb every 22 / 20 / 18 / 16 / 14 seconds. Blood Orbs will seek out allied Shapers (except Viyana) with less than 30% Health and heal them for 45 / 75 / 105 / 135 / 165 (+0.08 Bonus Health). Each ally can only be healed once every 15 seconds. Max 5 Orbs. Viyana may consume a Blood Orb to cast to target location, dealing 55 / 80 / 105 / 130 / 155 (+0.5) magical damage and reducing healing done to targets by 25% / 35% /45% / 55% / 65% for 3 seconds upon arrival. Enemies hit by multiple Blood Orbs within 3 seconds take 35% damage.
Deals 75 / 105 / 135 / 165 / 195 (+0.6) magical damage to target enemy over 2.5 seconds. Each tick, the nearest allied Shaper with the lowest health is shielded for 26 / 38 / 50 / 62 / 74 (+0.025 Bonus Health) for 2 seconds. When a Shaper is shielded, the cooldown of Leech is reduced by 0.5 seconds.
Health Cost: 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 65
Cooldown: 14 / 14 / 14 / 14 / 14
Viyana channels and takes control of target enemy Shaper's blood, instantly suppressing them and dealing 176 / 240 / 304 (+0.8) magical damage over 2 seconds. While channeling, Viyana is healed 144 / 216 / 288 (+0.175 Bonus Health) over the duration.
Cooldown: 140 / 125 / 110
Its been three week's since the King of Masks entered the Dawngate, which means it is time for a new shaper! WaystoneDandelion posted a new lore piece titled: "Primeval"
Gillai 22, 1543
Three months after the Dawngate opened
The tent was still dark when he awoke. Last night’s fire had dwindled to a memory of fir-scent. Through the smoke flap in the ceiling, stars swam in an ocean of deep plum.
He moved Rada’s arm off his chest. She murmured and tried to nestle against his side. As he slid from beneath the furs, she curled into the warm spot he’d left, and groped blindly to pull a blanket over her head. The boys were still asleep, Rykan’s chest wheezing faintly in the stillness. He still suffered from the clouds of gold-leaf blooming around the edge of camp.
He gathered his armor and weapons, struggling to muffle their clatter, and ducked out into the cold to dress and arm. When he reached the outskirts of the camp, chewing a hunk of spiced yak jerky, the eastern sky had blued, and the stars in the west had turned wan and pale.
The woman on watch was blowing into her cupped hands. She shot him a look of appeal over her fingertips. “Did you bring any salt tea?”
As you may have noticed, Morat has recently added two new Vim Calculator tools to the Theorycrafting portal:
The basic version allows you to get an approximate comparison of the vim earned by each of the laning roles. The advanced version allows any in game scenario to be run and calculates the vim earned.
Usage for these tools is detailed in this tutorial video:
What is DawnScout?
DawnScout is a tool designed for searching Dawngate player profiles, live game details and match history.
How does it work?
We've developed a bot that interfaces with the Dawngate game client and parses profile information. When a player's profile is searched on our site, it is queued for a data refresh. Additionally, we refresh all profiles in our system during the beta weekend.
How can I help?
While we await for Waystones stats APIs and fluff out our backend, you can help by simply searching for players and adding it to our upload queue.
Please leave any and all feedback in the comments below or email us at email@example.com.
We've redesigned our tier list format to better suit the ever-growing Dawngate. Now that each shaper archetype has a reasonably sized pool, we've removed the Laning Tier list and replaced it with tiers list by archetype. Currently, Assassins and Mages are grouped together, as are Melee Bruisers and Melee Carries.
The beta window for this week has been extended by one day for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Wednesday – Sunday
- Servers Open – Wednesday – 9:00 AM PST / 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 CET
- Servers Close – Sunday – 12:00 AM PST/ 3:00 AM EST (Monday 2.12) / 9:00 CET (Monday 2.12)
Our theorycrafting expert Morat posted a series of questions on /r/Dawngate about the King of Masks. Dawngate's Lead Shaper Designer WaystoneDibs was kind enough to answer every question! His responses and the full Q&A are below:
Update: Questions 11-15 were actually presented by community member TheBlueMuzzy.
- I think this was answered on stream but the tooltip seems to imply the opposite answer so I wanted to check. Is the damage from an egg breaking single target or AoE? Is the fear AoE or does it only apply to the one that breaks the egg?
Indeed the damage and fear are both AoE. I'll cleanup this tooltip to be clearer.
- If an enemy is feared by your E and runs into more eggs does this refresh the fear duration?
No, enemies can only be feared once per E ability use.
- What are the ranges of a) the spawned tentacles attacking? b) the AoE from eggs (if they are indeed AoE)? c) The cage pull? (ie the ranges of the effects as opposed to the actual cast ranges for the abilities)
a - Tentacle attack range is about 450. Note that each tentacle performs it's own range check, not a centralized range check.
b - Egg AoE range is 150.
c - Cage pull range is 300.
- Does the check for whether he gets an additional Flourish look to see if an enemy shaper has vision of the King or is it checking if they have vision of the actual empowered ability that is cast? (eg can I throw an empowered E over a wall to where an enemy will see it and get my double dash without them actually seeing me?)
The enemies must see the King of Masks himself to receive the recast, not just the ability.
- Will flourish reactivate if the shaper that has vision is currently up in the air due to Moya ult?
Actually no, enemies pulled into the air by Moya are too far away to validate the check, so King of Masks will not get a recast.
- Does Zalgus W (or other vision abilities) seeing you use an empowered ability make flourish reactivatable?
Not unless an enemy Shaper is in range. The two checks are: Am I visible to the enemy team? and Is there an enemy Shaper within vision radius of me?
- Am I correct in thinking that the Q projectile and R slow won't proc things like Control or Hunger since they don't actually deal damage? (even though the other aspects of those abilities will proc it)
- Not specific to the King but relevant to him: Does the Spirit Burn from Decay stack or refresh when you hit enemies with multiple abilities?
Spirit Burn will only refresh, applying the appropriate type when refreshed. I've been considering a few methods to make this application "smarter", so a DoT or AoE application will not overwrite a Single Target application unless it's more than half over.
- I don't think I heard you talk about this on stream but if you did you can ignore me :). What are your opinions on ability order for King of Masks? I suspect a lot of people will max E first because of the really good scaling for fighting multiple enemies but ranks in Q could also be nice, especially while laning. I would usually think of something like W as a one point wonder since only the cooldown scales, however I could see arguments for maxing W second in certain situations to really maximise the effectiveness of one of the 2 empowered abilities.
I definitely like R>Q>E>W (getting 1 point of W at level 3). I prefer the longer root durations and higher single target damage in lane. Often the threat of AoE egg damage or fear is enough to deter enemies in the midgame, even if the values from rank aren't that high yet. Once I get into the late game though, I definitely want my AoE damage up.
- Why are all shapers from the South of the World awesome? :D
Please refer to this very official Lore Map Venn Diagram
- How does fear affect Parasite? and can you hit parasite with all of the eggsacs if placed properly, or maybe will his turning pop them if he has an oblong collision box?
Parasite is immune to all forms of CC. You can hit him with a few eggs, but not all.
- Will the tentacles hit different targets, or only choose the closest one? and do they prioritize shapers over minions?
Tentacles will hit different targets, depending on their closest preferred target.
- If i use an empowered E, it didn't look like the evil skate inside stay their the entire duration of the ability, does that mean that the fear isn't available the entire duration of the empowered ability?
Enemies who trigger an egg in the first 1.5 seconds will be feared.
- Will the Ult displacement override the empowered Q root?
Targets will be pulled by the Ult Pull, but the root will persist after they're done being pulled.
- If a character is mid fling/dibs ult/ other knockups, will the R affect them with displacement and damage? or just damage? Same for the root and pods?
Yes, the character will be affected by both the displacement and damage. Roots will drop airborne characters to the ground immediately. Fears will not overwrite displacement or stun abilities, but will take over when those (higher priority) CC effects end.
Balance and Tuning
Soul Rend (Q)
Fixed a bug with this ability that would not grant Fenmore the shield if he picked up the soul in the last few frames of the ability.
Night Strike (Q)
Fixed a bug that would cause this ability to deal no damage if it was cast twice very quickly via resets.
Final Payment (R)
The base damage of this ultimate ability has been reduced to 270/480/690, down from 300/510/720.
The Power ratio of this ultimate ability had been reduced to 1.1, down from 1.2
This ability is now flagged as a targeted line style ability, allowing non smart cast users to more accurately indicate the distance they will travel.
Added some tooltip clarity to this ability to further describe the targeting function of this ability.
Added a new targeting icon for this ultimate ability so players may now effectively see the range at which targets affected will be stunned and the correct cone in which this ultimate ability will slow targets affected.
Flask of Moxie
Fixed a bug that was causing this item to grant health each time it was activated allowing players to heal for extra health multiple times.
General Fixes / Updates
Fixed a bug that was causing Assists to grant too little Vim.
Developer Note: This change has been made to allow players to recognize the amount of time they have before a Binding respawns. Once any tier binding respawn ley line reaches the circle immediately around the binding, the time remaining before the Binding actually respawns will always be consistent.
The ley lines that fill when a Binding is respawning have been normalized such that the time it takes for a spark to circle a binding always takes 30 seconds regardless of the tier of the binding.
Developer Note: While the amount of Destiny earned may change throughout the course of the Beta, it is for testing purposes and we welcome any and all feedback regarding these changes.
Players will now earn 35 Destiny per game played, rather than 50 Destiny.
Fixed a bug that was causing user's settings to revert if they quit a game after having changed their settings.
Fixed a bug causing right clicks to be registered twice when purchasing an item within the shop. This caused multiple purchases to be made unintentionally.
Update: Patch notes are available and will be integrated into our patch repository tonight.
King of Masks may cast his abilities freely.
Q - Captivate
King of Masks fires a tentacle in target direction, slowing the first enemy hit by 30%/35%/40%/45%/50% for 3 seconds. A group of 3 Tentacles spawns when a target is hit or the projectile ends. After a brief delay, each Tentacle deals 35/55/75/95/115 (+0.4) magical damage to a nearby enemy, resulting in 105/165/225/285/345 (+1.2) total magical damage if they all strike the same target. Flourish: The tentacle will root the target for 0.75/1/1.25/1.5/1.75 seconds.
W - Flourish
First Cast: King of Masks dashes in target direction, empowering either his next Captivate or Endless Delights with an additional effect for the next 4 seconds. If an enemy Shaper witnesses the empowered cast, King of Masks may recast Flourish to dash again.
Recast: King of Masks dashes forward, but does not gain an empowered cast.
E - Endless Delights
King of Masks lobs a sac packed with eggs to target location, spawning 6 eggs lasting 3 seconds. Enemies who step on an egg take 65/105/145/185/225 (+0.75) magical damage. Eggs deal 35% damage to targets hit multiple times. Flourish: Enemies who step on an egg within 1.5 seconds of being placed release a fever of skates and are feared for 0.5/0.6/0.7/0.8/0.9 seconds.
R - Finale
King of Masks throws his Cage to target location. The Cage slows all nearby enemies by 40%. After a brief delay, the Cage erupts pulling in all nearby enemies and dealing 150/225/300 (+1.0) magical damage.